Paleo Cranberry BBQ Turkey Meatballs! (gluten,grain,egg,nut,dairy free)
Right according to schedule with halloween being just a few days away..I'm in christmas mode. I tend to start celebrating and decorating for and eating themed foods for a holiday exactly two month prior to the holiday. I seriously enjoy putting up my fall and then christmas decorations..so its really important to me that each theme gets a solid 8 week shift! HA.
So..that being said you guys can expect to start seeing some Thanksgiving/Christmas themed recipes over the next few weeks! Last week when I found fresh cranberries at Costco I did a happy dance as I use these things heavily through the winter (I'll post a bunch of ways you can too in the weeks to come) I love meatballs (I put 8 meatball recipes in my next cookbook). So therefore It just felt right to add some cranberries to a homemade BBQ sauce and throw it on turkey meatballs. So here you have it..this recipe is simple, fun, delicious and perfect for a quick week night meal. Enjoy!Print Cranberry BBQ Turkey Meatballs!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- 6 tbsp ottos cassava flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- cranberry bbq sauce
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup hard cider, apple cider or water
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1-6oz can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp gluten free worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine all of the meatball ingredients until well incorporated. Using a small cookie scoop, roll meat into ball shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the tops of the meatballs and place into the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- While the meatballs cook prepare the sauce by placing the cranberries, cider and sugar into a medium size saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to boil until the cranberries burst and the sauce becomes thick, about 10 minutes.
- Add to the saucepan the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Reduce heat to low and use an immersion blender to puree the sauce until its smooth.
- When the meatballs finish baking, transfer from the baking sheet to the pot with the sauce, and stir to coat. Remove from heat and serve.
This recipe was created by Brittany Angell - Paleo Cranberry BBQ Turkey Meatballs! (gluten,grain,egg,nut,dairy free) appeared first on Brittany Angell.