Hallway – Before & After
Finally, I have some photos from the hallway in in our new house. It got renovated a while back, but I couldn´t decide on the wardrobe solution until recently, so here it is!
The hallway is a very important room, as this is where we are welcoming our guests. It´s also the first impression of you home… It should be welcoming.
THIS IS WHAT WE DID:
– We removed all the mouldings ( windows, doors, ceiling and floor) for a cleaner and more modern look.
– To get a bigger room, we removed the wall between the entrance and the hallway. We also removed the door into the living room and kitchen for a better and more open flow..
– The ceiling and walls got plastered.
– The walls got painted in LADY Pure Color 7163 Minty Breeze and the window in LADY Supreme Finish, Silkematt – 1624 Letthet.
– As for the flooring, we removed the old tiles and chose pine wood flooring, in the same white finish as we have in the living room and the kitchen. ( The pine wood floor is treated with lye, white oil and matt lacquer )
The wardrobe is actually from Ikea´s children collection STUVA. I wanted big drawers for the shoes, scarfs etc. and only a small closet for our jackets to retain the feeling of a spacious room.
My plan is also to make a bench out of the drawers, but more of that later…
I hope you like the makeover!
Images: Nina Holst // Before photo: Finn.no